STANDING PARTNERSHIP – a firm specializing in managing corporate reputation based in St. Louis, MO, with clients who operate in complex and highly regulated industries.
MARKETING ASSOCIATE— FEB 2014 – CURRENT
At Standing Partnership, I initiate, build and maintain media relationships resulting in subject matter expert interviews and byline placements for industrial, startup, and higher education clients within publications ranging from the St. Louis Post-Disptach, Entrepreneur Magazine, International Business Times, and industry trades. I create crisis communication scenarios plans for Fortune 500 companies and have experience in litigation crisis communication. I also analyze media and social media coverage for sentiment, key message penetration, and audience reach to develop strategic communications responses for crisis clients as well as for measuring the effectiveness of long-term communication strategies. Among other responsibilities, I also conduct market and industry research, analyze data and develop strategy recommendations for existing clients, prospective clients and RFP submissions.
KALDIS COFFEE ROASTING CO – a specialty coffee company based in St. Louis, MO, with wholesale clients and 12 cafes spread between St. Louis and Kansas City, MO.
ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER — JUNE 2012 – FEB 2014
‣ Proactively engage with customers online ensuring an above-and-beyond customer experience
‣ Established and execute internal procedures for online customer experience feedback
‣ Advise and execute web and social media strategy and content creation while keeping scalability and consistent messaging a priority
LEAD BARISTA, CAFE MANAGER — APRIL 2011 – FEB 2014
‣ Responsible for creating and delivering a consistent, excellent guest experience in a fast paced, high-volume environment
‣ Lead team on all coffee education and customer service training following high service standards
‣ Collaborate with company leadership on new products, procedures and customer experience opportunities.
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH // STLTODAY.COM – a metro daily newspaper serving St. Louis and its surrounding communities.
FREELANCE REPORTER — MAY 2012 – JUNE 2013
‣ Review municipal meeting agenda for relevant potential coverage opportunities
‣ Report from events ranging from city council and school board meetings to community gatherings
‣ Write and file stories on strict deadlines
THE MERAMEC MONTAGE – a bi-monthly student newspaper serving St. Louis Community College—Meramec.
PHOTO EDITOR, REPORTER — JAN 2011 – APRIL 2012
‣ Managed a staff of 10-15 photographers, ensuring photos accompany 20-30 different ongoing stories for bi-weekly publication
‣ Coordinated with staff writers and editors on story angle, progression and uniformity across all story elements throughout the publishing process
‣ Trained new photographers on the elements and ethics of photojournalism.
RELIV INTERNATIONAL INC – a worldwide marketer and manufacturer of nutritional supplements based near St. Louis in Chesterfield, Mo.
SHIPPING / PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT — MAY 2009 – JAN 2011
‣ Filled customer invoice orders in an fast and accurate manner.
‣ Followed pharmaceutical grade manufacturing practices.
‣ Recorded detailed records throughout every step of the manufacturing process
Affiliations and Awards
— 1st place news writing 2011 Society of Professional Journalists boot camp.
— 2012 Missouri College Media Association awards: 1st Editorial page, 2nd Feature page, 2nd Sports photography, 2nd Multimedia
— Social Media Club of St. Louis Board Member
Attend & plan monthly events ranging from panels, speakers and networking opportunities with other marketing and communications professionals.
— St. Louis Foodbank Young Professionals Board Member
Enhance the St. Louis Area Foodbank’s ability to feed those struggling with hunger by supporting current efforts and establishing new endeavors resulting in increased awareness among young professionals.
— Society of Professional Journalists
Agree to uphold strict journalistic ethical standards.Attend monthly events to further my journalism education through panel and discussion luncheons
— Associated Collegiate Press & Missouri Collegiate Media Association
Further my journalism education and network with fellow college journalist peers by attending yearly conventions held around the country. Submit work for judgement
- In-Depth Reporting: “Equation for Succes: School not required” — The Montage
- Op-Ed: “You Paid For It: Elliot is the Elephant in the Room” — The Montage
- Spot News Coverage: “Police pursuit, standoff at Columbia Square Townhomes” — The Maneater
- Art & Life: “Theatre department uses iPad for lighting” — The Montage
- General News: “Burns Chosen to temporarily fill STLCC seat” — The Montage